Thursday 4 August 2011

Mercury is in retrograde

What will that mean for the rest of this week?

Okay, looks like some disappointment, then, and possibly rainy weather. Well, that's appropriate, as it's been raining and is in the forecast. :)

In this card, Apollo grieves for the loss of his mortal friend, Hyacinth. Apparently, Apollo and Hyacinth enjoyed playing sport together, and Zephyr got jealous, so when Apollo threw a discus, Zephyr blew it off course, striking Hyacinth in the head, killing him. Nice!

The 3 of Swords usually does indicate heartbreak, grieving or disappointment of some kind. I won't be surprised if when I get to work I find that the entire network server is down. Typical mercury retrograde type stuff!

Today's card was drawn from the Sol Invictus Tarot, by Kim Huggens and Nic Phillips. Now watch me get rained on on my walk to work! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Really enjoying your perspectives on these cards! It's a deck I've never taken the time to properly connect with. The idea is cool, but the artwork doesn't rock my boat, and there's so much to learn - lazy woman that I sometimes am.

    Looking forward to reading more,
    Chloƫ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of the artwork seems a bit homemade, some cards are just dazzling to me. Actually, I really like the hand-drawn-by-someone-trying-really-hard who is clearly not a commercial artist look. It's somewhere between the unabashedly 'can't draw' look of Shining Tribe, and something really slick, like wonderful old Will Worthington. It's the kind of artwork I'd like to think that I personally could produce, if I had a box of coloured pencils and the dedication to keep working and working and working on it. Some cards do seem like they've been laboured over. I don't know, I like it, and I am eager for their next deck, Pistis Sophia: Goddess Tarot.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/63940136@N07/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I didn't know you had a tarot blog. So now I'll pop by every little bit to see what Volkswagen you've come up with :)
    Sharyn/AJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there, Sharyn! Let me think...are you on AT? Apologies!! I get everyone's handle mixed up. That's why I just stay 'Carla' wherever I go.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: