Thursday 19 April 2012

1st GT -- The Lines

(Continued from here, my first Grand Tableau)

The Lines

Past--There are no cards to speak of to the left of the Lady card in my spread. Directly to the left is Star, and diagonally to the left is Coffin. I'm not sure how I'm meant to read these. If in pairs, I've already read Star + Lady, which is a female with psychic gifts. Coffin + Lady I'm not sure what it could mean. So I don't really have much to go on with the past in this spread. 

Present--29 Lady + 6 Clouds + 11 Whip + 19 Tower
There are no cards above the Lady card, suggesting that I have nothing 'hanging over my head'. Read from left to right, I see my present as feeling down or fuzzy-headed (Cloud) and also plagued by repetitive thoughts  about trouble (Whip) with an authority figure (Tower). I know this has to do with work. This issue does still bother me, but since all the cards are below me, I take it as a sign that in these next 4 weeks, I will be in better control of my responses to it or find a better way to deal with it. 

Future-- Lady + Rider + Sun + Letter + Mountain + Cross + Ship
This is a long line. Giving it a go, I arrived at: A positive message, possibly brought by a man, but that is delayed until quite late. Like, right before hope seems lost. I have no idea what this may refer to. 

Diagonal lines--If you look at the tableau, you can see the Lady is at the beginning of a diagonal line that goes to the right. There's nothing above her as she's on the top line. There isn't really a diagonal line to the left, either. The right line is: Lady + Snake + Scythe + Bear + Child. After some pondering of key words, I see this as: 
A female rival's position of power is put at risk by the bold actions of a younger woman, or an inferior. I so hope this comes to pass, if it's what I hope it is (relating to that authority figure referred to in the Present line). If looked at with slightly different key words, it could mean Troubles or temptations are cut through with a fresh new power. That's really vague. It would be nice if it meant I'll clean up my eating and lose some weight! 

I say again, this is my very first attempt at reading a Grand Tableau. I only just learned key words a few days ago, and just started trying my hand at combinations four days ago. I feel, though, that diving into the GT is the way to learn this system. I feel I could journal about single cards until the cows come home, but I doubt it will get me anywhere. This is the way forward!

3 comments:

  1. Very brave of you to take on a Grand Tableau, and you're certainly coming up with a lot of interesting stuff. Given how important the combos are, I can see why just doing single card draws makes little sense, but I must admit I'd be tempted to start smaller. I'm just a sissy, I guess ;) Will look forward to seeing where you take this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I will not be able to wring as much information from the GT as an experienced reader. But my hope is, with every attempt, I will be able to see and grasp more and more. It's like anything really. A student may read a novel and just get the story, whereas the teacher will also see the literary techniques, influences of other writers, and the overarching themes about the human condition therein. But you have to learn your ABCs before you can do any of it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you seem well on your way. Hope you'll keep us updated with how you see the influences playing out over the next four weeks :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: