Sunday 15 April 2012

Crossover effect -- a good thing, I'm thinking

I did a 3-card draw with my Celtic Tarot this morning for the day, and I found myself doing something I seldom do with tarot: I looked at the first and second cards to see how they together make a new meaning. I almost always use positional spreads, and read cards as chunk-chunk-chunk of information and weave them into a story. But after only a week of pondering Lenormand cards, my first impulse was to look at the Star and 6 of Coins and wonder how they affect each other to create something that they couldn't mean apart from each other. I have to admit, I have never really done that.

Interestingly, my daily draw with Lenormand had the Stars card, and then my daily draw with tarot also had the Star card. I can't help but think it's a kind of little joke--because we're going to see a movie today about aliens. Ha ha!

I know it's not a good thing to try to read the Lenormand like tarot and vice versa, but surely card linking in tarot goes right back to Eteilla and is a true cartomantic skill. So this is all very exciting for me in my development as a reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here: