Tuesday 25 September 2012

Baby it's cold inside

Wicca Moon Tarot by Shirlee@Wicca Moon
First thought: Oh what a pretty card! Pentacles, earth, north, snowy wood. How nice!

Second thought: What the heck has a tree with a face, gripping a crystal ball with the top of its head, got to do with career/craftsmanship/recognition for good work?

These are the associations I have with 3 of Coins, and I don't see any of that in this card. The card can also point to perseverance and the effort that goes into spiritual/psychic development, which may be what this take on the card is pointing to.

I think it will serve me well to view each card in the Wicca Moon pack through the narrow paradigm of Wicca in order to see where the artist is going with the image. A glimpse through the cards yesterday suggested that there is a rather narrow focus here. Looking at the card,  I see that the Younger Futhark 'Hagall' or 'Hagalaz' is carved on the tree in white. (Although on inspecting lots of the cards, I see that the artist draws this little image on many of them. Maybe she doesn't mean it to be read as a rune. Maybe she does. Hard to say this early in my explorations.) In any case, the rune means something like 'hailstone' or 'sleet'. The rune suggests, in its mundane sense, bad weather, and can foretell a disruption or blast of some kind. Right, okay. What has that got to do with 3 of Coins? I can see how it goes with a snowy wood.

Well, it's my opinion for daily draws to it's best to keep readings on the most mundane level. So I think this card may be predicting that it will be cold at work today. Maybe the boiler is going to break down.

Let's just see what happens.

4 comments:

  1. So, did the boiler at work fail? :) I think I'd read it as needing to use insight and clarity to achieve a common goal - crystal mixed with tradtional interp...
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the boiler didn't fail. It was kinda cold in there but not as bad as yesterday!

    What crystal? I don't see a crystal in the card. :)

    I find daily one-card draws a challenge. Probably because I'm not into fortune telling readings. Insight and clarity to achieve a common goal, well. I wrote on the whiteboard a lot and did my best to delegate. You reckon that's it? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you mean the crystal ball? I didn't think of it that way! ha ha

    I can see I need to work with these cards a bit more to get used to them.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: