Sunday 23 September 2012

Back from holidays!


We stayed in Durham Castle Thursday night, which wasn't as salubrious as it sounds. Turns out the keep where our accommodation was (it's that big round bit on the left of the castle structure, in the photo) was rebuilt in 1845, and it's student accommodation. Plus, our radiator didn't work so it was freezing in there. And there was no TV or radio, to my husband's horror. Didn't matter though, as after all that walking, we were both dead to the world by 9.45pm. :) Friday and Saturday night we stayed with a friend in Stockton, and spent all day Saturday tramping around Newcastle city centre, where I saw my first real-life examples of 'Geordie Shore' type girls. Wow. How they can teeter along on those platform shoes I don't know, and I can only say that 'super smoothing conditioner' probably isn't selling well right now in Newcastle. ;) 

I took Tarot of the Sidhe for company, and was inspired by the deck and my constant trawls through charity shops to put together a sort of little altar for the Elementals. I have a representation of Air, and of Earth, and now I just need to get Water and Fire. As I've got a spare Tarot of the Sidhe deck (thanks, Chloe!), I have displayed the Ace of cards of each suit there as well. It's shaping up. :D

What projects have you been up to lately? I'd love to hear!


4 comments:

  1. The Castle sounds rather disappointing! Glad that the rest of the trip was more inspiring :)

    As for me, just redid my altar for the Autumn Equinox, including autumn dropped bits and pieces :) And decided to dig out my All Hallows Tarot, though it won't be replacing my Sidhe, just adding to it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The castle wasn't very castley, and if it was haunted, I didn't sense it. Though I did put out very strong 'don't f*** with me' vibes as we entered and were climbing the stairs that first time. Though I didn't realise I was doing it until later when I thought it over. I wouldn't bother staying in that castle, although staying there does give you the right to park in Palace Green, and you get a free tour of the castle. There's a Norman chapel under the castle that makes the whole thing worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, speaking of altars, I want to add some 'dropped bits' to mine, too. I will keep my eyes open for them on the daily walk to work. Post photos of your altar(s)--or are you doing a YouTube?

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, the castle certainly looks impressive - the lack of heat less so :0 sounds like a nice holiday on the whole, though :]

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: