Sunday 30 September 2012

Reflective Daily Draw: Wicca Moon

What gift was I offered today?
What did I do well today?
What should I take forward tomorrow?

Wicca Moon by Shirlee@Wicca Moon
Holy smoke, three majors? That's pretty amazing considering I didn't go out or even get dressed today, and apart from a 30 minute shadow boxing workout and a shower, spent most of the day piled up on the sofa in a fuzzy dressing gown and blanket, watching 'Spartacus' (the Kirk Douglas film) on the telly.



The gift I was offered today was the gift of the Hanged Man. The man depicted here does not have his legs positioned in the traditional 'figure 4' type post, but with crossed ankles like a ballet dancer, and in fact his shoes remind me of ballet slippers. As there are runes falling all around him and he is flanked by ravens, I take him to be Odin hanging from the World Tree. The ravens are Hugin and Mudin, Odin's two ravens who fly all over the world and bring back information to him about what's going on. I was offered a gift during my meditation, the gift of a word of wisdom about my own practice, and I have recorded that message and am  keeping it in my heart.

The Judgement card symbolises victory, in particular victory over the grave, or death. I am struck by the prominence of the dark figure and the total eclipse over the rainbow and angel in this card. I wish the light dominated the card rather than the darkness. It seems significant to me that the dark figure emerges triumphant from the sea, with a ship-of-dreams forming in the foam. It means to me that the triumph is a spiritual or mental one, a triumph in the mind and heart. I have recently made a decision about my online life and I remain resolute in that decision today, so I have a feeling that must be what this card points to. Freedom from the bondage that had taken hold of mind because of a certain situation.

The table full of somehow slightly sinister-looking witches telling fortunes in the Wheel card is a curious one for tomorrow. The table is strewn with suitably witchy things -- spider, candles, mandrake root, death cap mushrooms, a frog lolling in a mug. But...what are they laughing at? Three are laughing and that one witch in glasses in the right lower corner cuts her eyes at us directly out of the card -- 'Watch yourself,' she seems to be saying. She has a knowing look. It reminds of the look certain types of teachers could give you that pulled you up short, even though you hadn't been misbehaving! I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that a certain person at work who has (blissfully) been away for the last three weeks returns tomorrow. Ugh. But then, looking at it as how it pertains to the other cards in this draw and focusing on today, perhaps it's telling me to keep trusting my own insights. After all, most of the witches at the table are happily reading their own tea leaves and appear unworried about consulting each other. Maybe the witch in the corner is saying, 'See? You can do it yourself, you don't need to seek outside yourself.' And that's certainly a lesson that keeps coming back to me again and again...

3 comments:

  1. I had the same kind of day! Stayed in my pajamas all day, but I feel uneasy about that. Definitely a hanged man kind of day...waiting for I'm not sure what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't feel uneasy about it. I love doing that! Sundays seem made for it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe if I didn't do it so many other days during the week I'd have felt better about it. lol

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: