Monday 1 October 2012

Upside down, boy you turn me

Wicca Moon Tarot by Shirlee@Wicca Moon
I've drawn Hanged Man again today!
Rachel Pollack: 'The peace of acceptance; a direct image of peace and understanding. A message of independence. Being who you are, even if others think you have everything backward. Being deeply connected to life, feeling at peace.' (Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom)
Oh, ho! Does that match with what I've been thinking about recently! I might as well tell you there's an online community where I spend a lot of time, and lately I've not been feeling entirely good about it. A few particularly opinionated posters had me feeling quite down. So I decided to just stop going to certain parts of the site. Even though, strangely, the thought of curtailing my online activity makes me feel uneasy. (That in itself is a good sign that it needs doing).

May I remain true to myself. May I trust the way I see my world, regardless of how 'upside down' I may look to 'others'.

Shante prashante sarva bhaya upashamani swaha

2 comments:

  1. Like this alternative take on the Hanged Man. Good to remember that this card doesn't always have to be about getting stuck, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bonkers; the alternative interpretation about seeing the world from a different perspective and having others view you as the odd person out because of it (or just having a strong sense of your own isolation, even if others don't) really works for this card. It certainly works for me.

    This year, I have drawn the Hanged Man--a card I cannot remember ever having drawn in a self-reading in over ten years before--not only several times, but more than any other Trump in my history of self-readings. Yes, the traditional ideas of willing suspension and sacrifice apply a great deal to my life now, but now that you mention it/post about it here...so too does Pollack's other take on it. And after all, the two sets of interpretations are really not so far apart, are they?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: