Wednesday 14 November 2012

Silicon Faeries 3

Silicon Dawn 2011, Faeries' Oracle 2000
Today's cards are pretty powerful. We have 0 of Void from Silicon Dawn Tarot, and Honesty from Brian Froud's Faeries' Oracle.



The 0 of Void is a stark black card with a little white butterfly making its way across the blackness. The Honesty card features one of the wee folk or 'brownies', looking straight at us in the most earnest, guileless way imaginable.

I feel this combination of cards is telling me that complete honesty is of crucial importance today. That something very important, something with big consequences (butterfly effect) turns upon the honesty with which I deal with the situation. If I am not completely open and genuine, bad things could result. I should also be on the lookout for any type of disingenuous dealings happening around me that could spiral into some big problem.  The cards here suggest that everyone involved will play an important role.

Wow, I wonder what could happen? Most daily draws appear more dramatic than they turn out to be, but still this one gets the attention!

Alternate/additional reading
An alternate reading just occurred to me. 'Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you,' Friedrich Nietzsche. It's that last bit that really snagged me with these cards. I believe it addresses meditation practice. The fearless, open approach is called for in meditation, as in daily life. There are no answers to be arrived at in either arena of experience, but the practice itself is infinite in its potential for growth. But only if we are open and honest.

This Void card also reminds me of the dark of the new moon, a time of great potential, and perhaps is telling me the best way to approach my life, both materially and spiritually, during this delicate waxing phase. It certainly suggests that a period of potential growth has begun from today.

3 comments:

  1. Will definitely look forward to hearing how this one pans out! :) I wonder, though, if it will really come clear in the day, or if today will just see the start of this thing - that fluttering butterfly will take time to whirl up a storm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was editing this with additional thoughts while you commented. I wrote this post earlier, and the new thoughts occurred to me as I was waking up this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your second interpretation - ah, the void!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: