Friday 16 November 2012

Silicon Faeries 5

Faeries' Oracle 2000, Silicon Dawn 2011
Today's our last day of looking at Brian Froud's Faeries' Oracle (2000) alongside the Silicon Dawn by Egypt Urnash (2011). We see The Guardian at the Gate alongside the Ace of Cups.

You can see at once how they echo one another visually. Same shapes, lots of blue. Both have a flowy, watery feel. Both of the cards have to do with the free flow of emotion.



I've been drawing the Ace of Cups quite regularly in the last several weeks. I'm beginning to think this has something to do with the end of my birthday year drawing closer (27th January) and my year card being Lovers. The Lovers is also my Life card, and I've done a chart of my year cards going up to age 85, and as far as I can tell, Lovers does not appear again in this lifetime, suggesting to me that whatever I am meant to learn in this lifetime gets its big kick-off this year. The message of the Ace of Cups: love is the essence, the direct knowing that comes from the heart. When I look upon the Lovers card in its sense of a Major (ie, one of the Big Life Lessons), I see it as the human and divine self joining together. There seems a clear connection between the Ace of Cups and the Lovers card in that sense.

And The Guardian at the Gate has a similar feel of flow, movement, and growth. The image on the card,and even the name itself, suggests transition to something new, a passage. It is the opening of the heart in readiness for this new thing.

The waxing crescent moon is in Saggitarius today, a time for being philosophical, thinking about the unknowable, being idealistic and generous in our feelings. I think the cards drawn today, as a daily draw and not a 'big picture of my life' draw, simply show that it will be a day of open-heartedness, with lots of lovey-dovey feelings.

That's always fun!

2 comments:

  1. You would think that as long as I have been throwing down cards I wouldn't be surprised by things like this, but I am really blown away by the way these decks are working together. You are surely reading them with great skill, and their imagery is so reflective, which I never would have imagined if I had not seen you put them side by side. It's making for very interesting reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a happy accident, as I would never have put them together purposely. I drew the cards for Mon-Fri from both decks on Saturday of last week, thinking to choose which deck to use, or to perhaps alternate days. But the cards for each day actually fit together extremely well, and in fact together completed the reading. I suppose, if you draw from two decks, you shouldn't be surprised that they work together, really. It's like the Universe saying, hey, you drew two cards I spoke through two cards! If you only wanted one, then you should have drawn just one! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: