Saturday 12 January 2013

Bippety Boppety Boo



You see this card and you think, 'Ooh, Faery Godmother!' But then you look again and think, 'Uh oh. Faery Godmother.' Because there's something about her that reminds me of the Evil Queen in Snow White, offering the poisoned apple. Only instead of the apple being poisoned, it's an offer of 'good medicine' -- good for us, but maybe not so tasty going down. At least, that's my response today.

Who is this figure? What is she offering, crossed arms, an apple in one hand, a giant pearl in the other. Why is she so shrouded in robes and wimples, so hidden? That look on her face says to me, 'Do you really want what you think you want? Have you really considered the cost? The consequences? Are you wise? Are you foolish? Do you even know what you are? Would you like to know?' 

Is she offering me wisdom? Grace? Understanding? The companion book suggests that she is, and calls her 'Sairie the Faery' and says she can provide rescue and protection. She can, of course, she's a faery and she can do whatever she wants. Sometimes, though, I think she wants us to rescue ourselves. She wants to give us a little lesson. But we have to choose to take it. And I believe she is subtle in her offerings, and will not offer the exact same thing twice...so be careful what you say no to. And be careful what you say yes to. 

May I be slow to say no and careful in saying yes to whatever the Faery Godmother has on offer for me today. 

3 comments:

  1. Carla, I emailed you at the address listed in your blogger profile ... Is that still correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm afraid not. Try this one: rowan_tarot@yahoo.co.uk. Then I will tell you my other email and get you all set for the other blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the idea that she may never offer us the same thing twice :) And I'm a big believer in the law of unforeseen consequences. Still, sometimes you have to just jump in, despite the uncertainty. It's just a ride :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: