Wednesday 16 January 2013

Horny little thing, int she?

Today's card from Book of Thoth is Princess of Disks. She reminds me of a Wagner opera. She's got braids, horns on her hat, she's got a shield in one hand and a staff in the other. She reminds of Brunhilda, the shield maiden and valkyrie of Norse mythology.

For me the card is all spiky fierceness and I don't see the usual associations of Princess (or Page) of Pentacles with being a curious and gentle student of the earth. Even if she does have a potbelly which 'might' suggest pregnancy. What does fertility have to do with the Princess of Disks, anyway?

I suppose I could read with this card 'intuitively', but I will be glad when the DuQuette book arrives so I can read what in the world Crowley had in mind with these odd images.

For myself, I'm still not well. Last night I could NOT stay awake and fell asleep on the couch at 8.30. I didn't wake up, really until midnight, when I groggily watched the end of a really dreadful Jodie Foster film ('Flight Plan') and then read the lastest issue of SFX magazine until about 1.00. I hope I start to perk up soon. This illness is dragging on forever!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon, Rowan! <3

    The Thoth Courts are a pain, for the Princess is on the same level as the Page, isn't it?

    As for pot belly and possibly being pregnant: She's of the earth, the one that will start a project on a whim, without so much as a project plan, she'll act with impulsion. :)

    Just my thoughts, though :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Priestess! :) The Courts are a bit of a pain, one because they are named differently to the RWS, two because the people in them are obscured by 'stuff'!

    To me, pregnancy is not associated with something that happens without a plan on a whim! Heaven forbid! I would associate impulsiveness with wands. BUT it's an interesting thought.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, hope to see you often! x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: