Wednesday 18 September 2013

Ancient Italian Tarot Pairs: Day 5

'Life isn't as serious as the mind makes it out to be.'
~ Eckhart Tolle

3 of Coins                                    9 of Swords
Another 'Embrace -- Release' draw from the Ancient Italian Tarot today. Today's advice is to embrace 3 of Coins and release 9 of Swords.

Three of Coins always makes me think of work, because it is a card of craftsmanship, and to a degree also of team working. The Nine of Swords is usually about painful overthinking, to the point that your worries invade your dreams or even keep you awake at night.

All week the cards have told me to embrace cups and coins, and to release swords. In other words, to embrace reality -- the reality of my physical life and of my emotions -- and to release worrying, stressing, overthinking, or attempts to outmaneuver the body and heart through doublethink. It's interesting to me that wands haven't popped up so much -- I'm usually stalked by Knight of Wands or Queen of Wands, the cards of fire and action. This week seems to be pointing me inward, not to my mind, but to the breath and to the spirit.

On a more mundane level, this combination of cards advises that I trust in my own skills and get on with my tasks, and not worry about it. It's not the day to have 101 contingency plans. Today's the day to just do something, trusting that I know what I'm doing.


1 comment:

  1. Just getting on with what needs doing now, I can see that. And I guess there's also a difference about planning for things and worrying about them! My DO pointed that out this morning, after I'd lain in bed awake for an hour. So, I got up and made a new plan, with appointments and phonecalls, rather than just worrying about whether or not I needed that new plan :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: