Sunday 3 November 2013

Share a Spread Sunday: Breaking Barriers

This is a fun and powerful spread.  The layout reveals two walls or layers that bar the way between you and your goal. The top triangle creates the 'wedge' that will bash through the barriers to get to the desired result. Here is the original version (shared by Four Leaf Clover, Aeclectic Tarot, 7 Feb 2004):

10-----11
---9---
5---6---7---8
1---2---3---4
---12---

I have modified the spread a bit. Start by selecting your significator, or choose a card to represent where you are now. Then select a card to represent the goal you wish to achieve. These go at the top and bottom of the spread. Put them down leaving a wide space between. Then the barrier walls can be either three or four cards long (or longer, I suppose, if you desire). Shuffle and lay out from bottom to top.

Sig card
8---9
--7--
4---5---6
1---2---3
Goal card
10

Cards 1-3 represent internal barriers, things inside yourself that are blocking you.
Cards 4-6 represent external barriers, things outside yourself that are blocking you.
Cards 7-9 represent actions you must take in order to break through the barriers.
Optional card 10 shows the reward of breaking through -which could be yet another challenge to be faced. 

You could lay them out face down and discuss each line before turning cards over in the next line. Or you could lay them out face up and examine the entire spread before you start talking. It just depends on your reading style.

(By the way, Day 2 of NaNoWriMo--This is not for me. I leave fiction writing to the fiction writers. I will stick to blogging, which I have done daily for way longer than 30 days anyway!)

If you would like me to do a 'Breaking Barriers' reading for you, just click on 'Order a Tarot Reading' above and select the '7 or more cards' option. Write 'Breaking Barriers' in the Topic line, and send me a separate email with details of the situation you would like me to read about. I would be so pleased to read for you using this spread!




2 comments:

  1. A beautiful in depth spread. I often use these kind of spreads as a template. I select not only the 1 and the 10, but every card face up. In that way I can create a visual map of, in this case, my blocks and barriers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you've tweaked the spread to your own specifications :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: