Sunday 30 March 2014

White and yellow, green and red

This is one of the most beautiful Death cards in tarot, from Robin Wood Tarot by Robin Wood (Llewellyn, 1991). I just love it.

It's funny that I drew the Death card today,  because I don't feel that anything is coming to an end, but rather, as if I am waking up from a long blurry sleepwalk.

The figure in the red robe with the glorious white rose behind him seems to be pointing the way down the path for the little yellow butterfly. That's me, fresh and new and just hatched. The 'big bad' is behind me now, turns out he was my friend all along, and he is encouraging me as I make my fragile, fluttery way in the new direction I have chosen. Those sweet, moist little buttery-yellow wings, my little butterfly eyes blinking in the new sunlight, as I move off in the direction of my new day.

I wish I knew where to get my hands on a white rose to display in my home. A white rose and a yellow butterfly.

2 comments:

  1. :) or perhaps it's me here in NY chasing Spring LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like some powerful stuff! Wishing you joy along this new path :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: