Wednesday 17 September 2014

Gaining ground, goal line bound!

Knight of Wands - Daniloff Tarot 
Oh look, more broccoli. It's Knight of Wands from Daniloff Tarot. Well, I drew Page of Wands on Monday and mentioned that when the Page of Wands grows up, he becomes the Knight of Wands.

Last night I started a new evening class, the first formal class I've taken since I earned my degree in 1989. I'm preparing for my assessment to become Area Librarian, which would see me in charge of five libraries. And this morning I woke up feeling like it was a good day to finally address all this junk food eating I've been doing for the last couple of years which has led to a weight gain of 30 pounds! (Maybe that's why the Knight of Wands is carrying broccoli and has a skirt of leafy greens...)

I've been a lot more Knight of Wandsy lately than is my usual MO. He has determination and commitment and a lot of passion. He charges forward toward his goal. He has no clear plan how he's going to get there, trusting that he can make it up as he goes along, 'monitoring and adjusting' as we used to say in the teaching game--in other words, trusting that he can deal effectively with any obstacles or challenges that cross his path. He is youthful, confident and outgoing. He's sort of like the high school football hero -- young, popular, confident, with his whole life ahead of him. Possibly arrogant, swaggering and full of hubris, but on the whole a good-natured and pleasant chap. This is the sort of character I think of when I typecast the Knight of Wands, and the character who comes to mind for me personally is from a little-known film from 20 or 30 years ago called 'Everybody's All-American.' The character is the young Gavin Grey:




Over the course of the film, Gavin is taken down a peg or two (or three!) but he's certainly Knight of Wandsy while he's in university and a few years thereafter. 'Golden Boy,' they called him.

I don't know how many touchdowns I'll score today but I feel like I might be able to make it over the goal line a few times before I'm done. :)

8 comments:

  1. Haven't seen the film, but I can definitely see what you mean. So, go get your skirt of leafy greens, and give 'em hell! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. His lion codpiece is hilarious, too :)

      Delete
    2. It is. :) I only ate 4 cookies, as opposed to so many I couldn't count them. So it's a start.

      Delete
    3. Good for you! I've been doing daily hypnotherapy with apps on my phone, and haven't eaten any chocolate or biscuits at all since last Friday :) Would that be encouragement enough to get a smartphone? Better yet, I'm planning to upgrade soon, so if you'd like a second hand smartphone, it'd be free...

      Delete
    4. I'd love to have a second had smartphone! :D

      Delete
    5. Will let you know, maybe next week :)

      Delete
  2. What a card! Interesting Dude!
    Ah yes the constant battle of the bulge I am all too familiar. I used to be able to suck in my stomach, but can't do that any more. Wished I could figure out how to suck in my butt! ;)

    Congratulations on your new position! Good thing I love broccoli and veg, but I don't move my butt enough! Alas, I am a sloth as of late! I think this card is a good message for me! Who wants more cow bell, when you can have more broccoli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a fevah. And the only prescription -- is more cow bell.

      Delete

Leave a comment here: