Thursday 9 July 2015

Frankly my dear...

Intuitive Tarot by Cilla Conway (St Martins Press 2004)

This Page of Discs most assuredly is not like the Page of Pentacles -- it's not like the Princess of Discs from Thoth, either, the 'Malkuths of Malkuths,' as DuQuette calls her. Cilla Conway suggests in the companion book that this Page of Discs is holding a mirror with an ornate back, but instead of looking into she is angling it toward the window. Conway calls her 'the impartial observer', and says she is a 'thoughtful, quiet person who reveals themselves as unexpectedly earthy, witty and perceptive.' She's certainly not like any Page of Pentacles or Princess of Discs in my experience. This is sort of a new character for me. I'm trying to get my head around who she is.

I can relate to the 'impartial observer' part. Yesterday, some stuff went down at work. I need to stay out of it, keep my thoughts to myself. The times, they are a-changin', and some folk don't like it. Fortunately I am not directly involved, and I'd like to keep it that way, as much as I can.

What do the Devas of Creation have to add? Oh wow, another amazingly synchronous draw.

It is called 'Witness'. It appears to be the seas separating from the firmament, as described in Genesis. A comet streaks across the sky, and the spirit or deva stands and observes, not involved, just a witness. 'When this deva appears,' writes Cilla Conway in the companion book, 'be aware that you are required to stand strong, secure in yourself, even though everything and everyone else seems to be disintegrating around you.'

There's something about the outline of the deva that reminds me of the famous image of Scarlett O'Hara from 'Gone with the Wind'. She, too, in a way, stands steadfast while the world falls apart around her.

Gone with the Wind 









Now, I'm not saying my world is falling apart (crosses fingers), but things are a bit uncomfortable right now at work and I could easily find myself in the middle of it -- a place I don't want to be! So I can certainly see how being the 'impartial observer' will stand me well today. Point taken!

10 comments:

  1. oh wow. they meshed so well together! yes, that image does remind me of Scarlet. love that movie. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been very pleased with how the Devas work with tarot. I'm finding that they work best when you draw them AFTER you read the tarot card. I may try drawing them at the same time and reading them together and see how that works.

      Delete
  2. You must have had goose bumps and chills over and over again, while working with this Devas deck :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between you and Bev over on Sycamore Tree I'm getting a good feel for the Devas deck. It's quite wonderful. If you were to put these cards side by side they'd be looking at each other with that shooting star highlighting the disc the Page is holding. The colors in these cards are so similar and both figures are so contained.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the deck. :)

      Delete
  4. Your draw today really hit home for me. I am currently in the same situation in my own life. I am lovin' this Deva deck. Both of these decks are HIGH on my wish list. Wishing someone was selling the Deva here in the US. Thanks for sharing with us, I am learning so much from your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that the Devas deck might appear on Amazon. Keep watching!

      Delete
  5. That is a quite odd Page of Pentacles. Reflecting on the reality of the world I can just about get behind. The Deva appeals to me more, and as you say, the meanings match perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite unusual. So far I quite enjoy this deck.

      I was looking through your backlog of deck reviews and watched the Wicca Moon review. Makes me want to get that one out, but I like to save that one for October...it feels like a witchy/Halloweeny deck to me. :) So I'll wait.

      Delete

Leave a comment here: