Sunday 20 September 2015

Now that's what I call abundance - Queen of Pentacles

Tarot of the Hidden Realm by Barbara Moore and Julia Jeffrey (Llewellyn 2013)

Holy boobies, Batman! It's the Queen of Mammaries, I mean Queen of Pentacles!

I don't mean to be immature, but when I drew this card this faerie nearly gave me a black eye. Holy smoke. Her tits are actually bigger than her head. I'm kinda speechless.

Anyway, on to the card (though I must admit I'm having trouble focusing on anything else but those ginormous norks -- I know, I'm a child! I should get over myself.)

(For some reason I just imagined the voice of Billy Crystal in 'Princess Bride' intoning: 'Do you vant ta talk ah-BUN-dance? Do you vant ta talk NOUR-wish-ment? Look no FUR-dah! It's all right there at EYE LEVEL, oy is it EV-ah.')

So yeah. It's the Queen of Pentacles today, another card that seems to be celebrating the season of mists and mellow fruitfulness. :) But she's also a seductress, even the description in the companion book kinda makes you need to raise a window:

'She reaches up and touches a flower on a tree. As the drop of dew caught on a petal falls to her skin, tracing a tiny rivulet down her arm, the flower transforms into a ripe apple. She takes your measure, and even though she seems to find you wanting, she holds out the fruit she has just plucked from the tree.'

(That's giving me the vapours, Mammy. Fetch me my vinaigrette*!)

Seriously, though, I like the take on this card. This Queen of Pentacles is described as understanding all inner workings of the physical. 'The physical world, solid and lush and sensual, is just energy moving very slowly. Knowing that, she can work with the raw elements of the world, co-creating and manifesting according to her will.' This makes her much more powerful than the usual Queen of Pentacles. Then again, she IS a faerie.

Now let's look at those elemental attributions. As Queen of Pentacles, she is Water of Earth. That helps explain how she can see the liquid in the solid, ie, sensing that the physical world is 'just energy moving very slowly'. That makes me think of lava. It also explains why I always think of the Queen of Pentacles as moving slightly in slow motion. Slow, deliberate movements, intense awareness of matter and physicality, combined with perception of the fact that it's all actually mostly space.

I don't know what all this means for me today, but I'm hoping it has something to do with carrot cake. :D

*For those who thought I meant salad dressing.

DON'T LOOK NOW, BUT THIS IS MY 1000TH POST!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on this milestone Carla. Hopefully you will write many more. I enjoy reading your blog a lot.
    Ps I prefer apple pie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 1000th post! As for that Queen, love what you say about the solidifying liquid of the Water of Earth :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: