Friday 17 June 2016

Waiting game

Today's card is the 8 of Swords. (I did the draw with Jean Noblet Tarot, but I found this unidentified card image on Google search because I couldn't be asked to use the scanner this morning.)

The card depicts a central symmetrical flower, surrounded by many layers of arched shapes. It is either protected or imprisoned, depending on how you want to look at it. Either way, movement for the central flower is not a possibility.

I am similarly at an impasse in my house buy. Until we make our case to the estate agent and find out if the vendor is willing to negotiate price, we cannot  move forward with purchase of the property. In typical fashion, my mortgage broker is going on holiday for the next three weeks, so it may be either wait for him to come back, or put wheels in motion ourselves with the estate agent. I hope to speak to him today about this, as he goes on holiday after today.

One of my favourite websites to refer to for further insights to a card is Angel Paths, where this affirmation is offered for the 8 of Swords:

'I skilfully direct my energies into the things that will make the most difference.' 

Angel Paths advises: 'Don't waste your energy hacking away at something that may be better cleared up tomorrow. Rely on the idea that things will ease off, and that you will deal better with them for not having wasted hours on them today.'

So it looks like there's nothing more I can do here, and my energies today would be better focused elsewhere...

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous17.6.16

    I'm in the middle of buying a house as well. It can be a long, frustrating, anxiety-ridden process, that is for sure. I'm super thankful I'm able to purchase a house at this point in my life, but it's also really stressful.
    Thanks for the link to Angel Paths - what a wonderful site full of resources!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: