Monday, 2 October 2017

Close Encounters on the big screen

Greetings from Earth...I saw Bigfoot once. He made a sound I would not like to hear twice.

We went to see Close Encounters of the Third Kind on the big screen Saturday. All in all, it was a successful city visit, apart from my having to walk through the rain with no coat (my fault for not bringing one) and a pigeon sh*tting on my head (not my fault!). Such is my life.

We're in the middle of having the living room repainted, but we've been able to move the furniture back in and plug in the computer, so yay! Photos to follow...

Big adventure this morning with hubby emerging to say the boiler's broken. There's a flashing light and no hot water. Supergirl saves the day by actually reading the card inside the boiler door and resetting the boiler. Hubby then proceeds to have his shower and shave. Our boiler is apparently a relic and could expire any day. Last year when I asked the plumber how long it could last, his helpful remark was, 'It's a piece of crap, it could quit tomorrow or last another ten years.' Thanks for that!

So...I guess we'll just wait for it to lay down before investing in a new boiler, at which time we'll have thermostats installed. At the moment, we never know what the temperature is in the house, nor do we know what the temperature of the boiler is, as the gauge has an alarming random quality and digital readout that is unlikely to reflect reality. The pressure also waxes and wanes capriciously. Ah well!

Been off plan eating wise over the weekend, so it's back to the weighing and measuring today.

How's life for you??

No comments:

Post a Comment