Sunday 11 August 2013

Right Speech

What a pretty card! I love the green colour. Justice here is associated with the crystal Jade, and the throat chakra.

I can see how one could associated Justice with the throat chakra. Justice is a very abstract concept, and we define justice and address injustice through words. Without language, I'm not sure there would be a concept of 'justice'. (Of course, without language, I'm not sure there would be much a concept of anything).

What does it mean to do the right thing? We must start with right thinking and right speech before we get to right action. The throat is so important; when it's closed off, when we can say nothing, we effectually lose the ability to change our minds and to change our circumstances. We have to speak up for others, and for ourselves.

1 comment:

  1. I can definitely see Justice related to the throat chakra - bearing witness for ourselves or others, for instance. And I guess if we think of right speech as including how we educate our children, then I can also see how it would come before right action. Interesting post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: