Tuesday 13 August 2013

The Green Lantern

The Hermit is associated by many with the solar plexus chakra, so I'm a little curious as to why Phillip Permutt chose peridot as the crystal for this tarot major. The solar plexus chakra is yellow, and I would have expected citrine or some other yellow stone for that chakra, but perhaps that's just me being simple-minded. It turns out, it actually is me being simple-minded -- I just checked the book and Permutt says: 'Peridot offers protection from outside influences, allowing you to find the inner space that you really need. It also helps you focus within yourself during your meditation.' That makes sense. I'd love a peridot mala, but peridot is so expensive, that will never happen! It also turns out that many crystal healers associate peridot with both the solar plexus chakra and the heart chakra, and to be fair, it does have a yellowish cast to it. Yellow-green.

The card is telling me to be quiet today and hear my inner voice. The Hermit's head is facing the left side of the card, which is associated with the past or looking inward or backward. I should heed my own counsel and avoid the habit of seeking answers outside myself. I can see where this advice may be coming from, because I've just ordered a couple of books about a topic I've become more interested in lately. I need the reminder that I should follow my own intuition even if it doesn't match exactly what I see in books.

1 comment:

  1. Hope the books are useful, even if you do then follow your own inner guide :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: