Friday 8 November 2013

Sweet talker

Rory's Story Cubes

When I look at this draw, I instantly think of the aphorism, 'You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar.' Healthy speech is magnetic. Firmly grounded speech is attractive.

On the other hand, it could be a warning. Remain firm in resisting the magnetic pull of your speech into a certain direction. In other words, stand firm and don't be drawn in to conversations you don't want to have.

I'm pretty sure I know what this is referring to in my own life. There's a little storm in a teapot being brewed by someone who seems to go through life looking for reasons to be pissed off, and her attention has turned toward me recently. I've received two angry messages from her; she's looking to pick a fight...but I am too old and too life-experienced to play in these sorts of petty mud holes, so she can just get mad by herself, stay mad by herself, and argue with herself, because I am not participating!

For me, when someone is working themselves into a tizzy about something, it's almost like I visualize them with a ring of energy about themselves, that shuts their mess in and forms a barrier that contains them. Let them whirl around in their little tempest to their heart's content. I'm staying out here where it's calm and dry.


1 comment:

  1. Good on you! I like that visualisation, sounds very calming.
    For me, I see the magnetic call of nature. But then, I have my wellies ready by the front door to go and enjoy this wondrous autumn afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: