Saturday 4 August 2012

Card of the day: 6 of Swords

Original Rider-Waite


Yesterday was a pig of a day. Youths causing trouble in the public building where I work.  A rather lengthy discussion with a senior manager about an issue that's been troubling me for a long time. Then I get home and have a big row with my partner. Not fun. I feel quite wrung out.

My daily draw this morning turned up the 6 of Swords. How very apt. For me, this card is the aftermath of troubles. It's that feeling that is a combination of relief and weariness, a hollow delicate feeling, as if you're tiptoeing around like some wary fawn in the forest, hoping nothing gets you. Like the figure in the picture, you feel huddled down and passive, hoping that the boat doesn't tip you out, not because you're afraid to drown but because you can't take one more thing happening. 'Please God just get me past this', the card says. What a relief to know that you are already on your way.


4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you had a crappy day! Hope that time has helped move you on, and that a weekend away from work has given you some respite.
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla, are you studying Tarot card by card? Just wanted to add in This card in most of my readings has indicated travelling, mostly out of town. This is a card of moving out, leaving old patterns behind and move on.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Identity_Concealed. No, I'm not studying card by card. I just write a little something about a card or a spread or a deck or some tarot issue, as the spirit takes me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, sorry, forgot to say thanks for your additional interpretation of 6 of Swords. I didn't do any travelling that day, but who knows. :) I certainly don't see myself moving out or leaving any old patterns behind. Unless it would be snacking on too much chocolate, that would be a good pattern to leave behind! ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: