Tuesday 14 June 2016

'Dream Big, Plan Small' Spread


Let's try out this spread from Chloe at Inner Whispers, 'Dream Big, Plan Small'.  Chloe suggests we think of a 'big goal' and select a card, perhaps a tarot major, and then draw from the small cards to see what teeny tiny steps we can take toward the goal. This way, we don't get overwhelmed, intimidated or resentful.

But first  I have to share this fabulous insight from The Open Reading by Yoav Ben-Dov about the tarot majors:

'In the major suit, there are many mythological and symbolic figures and as the suit develops, these figures gradually lose their social function as well as their clothes.'

This is so true! It's right there in front of your eyes, but you might not notice it. The Magician, the High Priestess, the Empress, etc, are all fully clothed and have occupations and social positions that we understand. But as the major suit progresses, things get, as Ben-Dov says, 'extreme and bizarre,' as the figures 'look up to the sky or down to the abyss'.  The figures 'have no status marks, their actions seem mysterious or supernatural, and some of them are nude. It is now unclear what exactly the figures are doing and why they are doing it.'

I just read that yesterday and thought it was too cool not to share.

Okay, on to the reading.

Jean Noblet Tarot by JC Flornoy 
I want to feel balanced in my life, so I selected Temperance as my Big Dream.

The small cards that I have randomly selected are Chevalier d'espee (Knight of Swords), 6 of Cups, and 2 of Coins. Now, what is the absolute smallest, tiniest change I could make based on these cards? 

Knight of Swords tells me to cut off the past. He stands guard against memories of past events. It doesn't matter any more, don't waste time thinking about it. What is the smallest step I can do toward that? Just popped into my head. If thoughts creep in, drown them out with a mental fart noise. If there's no one around, go ahead and make a nice loud raspberry. That'll show 'em! 

6 of Cups reminds me of the stable relationships in my life. A small step I can take to acknowledge this might be to thank my husband more often when he does little things around the house. I can smile at people at work and in public. :)

2 of Coins reminds me of balance, which reminds me of yoga. A small step I can take toward balance is to do some yoga including plenty of tree poses and balance postures. 

Right, the drawing has suggested I blow raspberries at thoughts of the past, smile at people and say thank you to my husband, and do some tree poses today.

I can do that! 


1 comment:

  1. Absolutely love it!! The comment from Yoav Ben-Dov is excellent. I'd thought about them getting more naked, but not really about what that implied. And I hadn't thought about them losing their social functions - that's a great one to contemplate...

    And I laughed out loud at the thought of you blowing raspberries at thoughts from the past :D Now that you've chased away what is "out of your reach" with your Fool ritual, you can open to balance, in little ways :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: