Monday 27 June 2016

Growing plans -- 3 of Batons

Jean Noblet Tarot, Flornoy 2014
Three of Batons. Growing plans.

This card turned up as the focus of my reading on whether we should proceed with our house purchase. Is it becoming a stalker card?

In Dawn R Jackson's mnemonic poem, Playing Card Meanings for the Wytch of Poor Memory, Clubs (or in this case Batons, or Wands) are 'works, callings and plans'. Three 'shows things growing'. Camelia Elias in Marseille Tarot: Towards the Art of Reading uses Dawn R Jackson's interpretations of playing cards for the pips quite consistently throughout. I find the meanings quite useful, as well, when reading TdM.

Funnily enough, Yoav Ben-Dov gives the following interpretation of 3 of Wands in The Open Reading: 'Finding a way after a period of hesitation. Time to go forward.' And this is the interpretation that I gave to Knight of Wands in the home purchase reading. I've just had a look in the book this morning. Now that's kinda neat.

I notice the batons here are made up of the colours red and pale blue: passion and detachment. They are joined together by bits of yellow or gold, signifying optimism, material success, or plenty. Having good feelings for the situation while being able to remain somewhat objective about it...does not necessarily lead to success, but is held together or facilitated by a positive attitude. Not to mention the 'material blessings' to justify said optimism!

Affirmations for 3 of Wands: 

I live out my beliefs in all my acts. (Angel Paths)

Life supports my dreams and ambitions with great love and abundance. (Tarot Quest)

I am ready to expand my world. My potential is unlimited. (Tarot Lady)

My foundations support my progress. (Emma Sunerton-Burl)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here: