Monday 5 October 2015

Natural way

Tarot of the Hidden Realm (Llewellyn 2013)
It's a very sunny looking card this morning for a nasty wet day, Two of Wands from Tarot of the Hidden Realm (Moore and Jeffrey, 2013).

The card depicts two faeries with fiery hair and dragonfly wings frolicking amongst the foliage. It's an extremely warm and happy-looking card. The companion book informs us that these are rowan buds, which is interesting to me for obvious reasons.

'This card marks the need for vision, for the application of determination, but first you must decide where to direct your gaze and invest your energy,' Moore writes.

It's been months and months since I last weighed myself; I have no idea how much I weigh but I know that I have hardly any clothes that fit. I got up and tried the scale and got the message 'Low battery.'

Now here's where I have a choice. Do I go and buy batteries, dig out (or create new) charts and graphs, start myself on a 'program' -- or do I take it as a sign to try a different way, a more natural way, in which I don't know how much I weigh, don't know how fast I'm making 'progress', and instead make more wholesome food choices and over time begin to notice that my clothes feel looser? The second way is completely against my Aquarius with Virgo Rising nature. The first way indulges and encourages some quite negative aspects of that nature.

Two of Wands is the Water of Fire. This would suggest an intuitive course of action.

I've eaten oats in almond milk for breakfast and just packed a nice lunch of hummus sandwich, grapes, cherry tomatoes and carrot sticks. I didn't measure any of it. I didn't look up the calorie content.

We'll try it the 'natural' way then, see how that works out.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with that! Sometimes, a change is the best way forward - stop pressing the same old buttons... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if you go the natural way you are less likely to beat yourself up if you don't; make the expected progress. Try to enjoy this journey and don't see it as a healthy boot camp xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I ate:

    porridge with almond milk
    hummus on wholemeal sandwich with black grapes, cherry tomatoes and carrot sticks
    homemade oven chips
    pan-fried cod filet
    green peas
    several medjool dates
    a glass of red wine

    That's it. Nothing else! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: