Wednesday 22 May 2013

'Mystic Bastard' Day Three

Mystic Faerie 2007, Deck of the Bastard 2013
Wow, two majors today, which is pretty impressive for a morning when I've woken up with a slight sore throat and runny nose, and a decidedly grey sky out the window. Today we have Strength from Mystic Faerie Tarot, and the Sun from Deck of the Bastard. It is a very encouraging combination, telling me that I have fortitude and vitality.



Sometimes it's easy to forget our own fortitude and vitality, as we watch the days go by, one very much like the other, and particularly if we are dealing with changes in our bodies or our health in general. But even if you have a 'boring' job, and even if you're constantly dealing with annoyances like aches and pains, the surprise of the first grey in your hair, or suddenly finding your arm's not quite long enough to read the small print (if you know what I mean, you know what I mean!)--you still have tremendous strength and you are still most certainly alive!

Today's cards encourage me to celebrate my own strength of spirit, of character, and of heart and mind. It reminds me that my life is happening all around me, and I should look beyond aches, pains and irritations to remember the full glory of that fact. The cards suggest to me to focus attention on the solar plexus chakra (manipura chakra, just above the navel) and to chant the seed mantra for today's meditation: 'Ram'. I like this chant: 'Sri ram, jai ram, jai jai ram om.' Which can roughly be translated: 'Radiant light of ram, victory ram (or hooray ram), victory ram, ram om.' To me it's sort of like chanting, 'I'm alive, I'm alive, thank you, thank you.' And really allowing oneself to feel the physicality of one's life force within the body, radiating outward from that spinning yellow chakra at the solar plexus. It's a great power center!


2 comments:

  1. Well, I did some yoga today (kundalini yoga, to Ravi & Ana's 'Cardio, Stretch and Strengthen'.) My back feels...used. Fingers crossed I haven't done meself a mischief.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will keep my fingers crossed, too.

      Love what you said about celebrating being alive. I definitely get in touch with that when singing and chanting :)

      Delete

Leave a comment here: