Tuesday 23 July 2013

'Good times! These! are! the! good! times!'

Interesting Three of Cups here from the Sacred Rose Tarot (Gargiulo-Sherman, US Games 1982). Usually there are three women carousing. Here we just have one woman on her own with the three cups. The LWB says it speaks of 'good luck, healing and celebration'. The meaning is pretty much the same, though the traditional RWS 3 of Cups is often interpreted as being social or celebrating with friends.

I wonder what I'll have to celebrate today. I'm in a training session today to help improve my interview skills -- not to interview others, but to improve my performance when I go to interviews for a new job myself. This is provided by my employer. Nice of them to help out.

I am so ready for a change. Any kind of change. I've lived in the same flat for years, done the same job for years. Whenever I visit some place nice, like we did this weekend for a mini-break, I always wonder what it would be like to live there, to have a nice house, to not have to worry about how to afford to retirement. I'm not talking a retirement that involves lots of travel and leisure, I'm talking being able to stop work while still having basic food and shelter. Oh well, the Three of Cups here doesn't really speak to any of that, unless to tell me to celebrate where I am now, which is all well and good, until I get to where I'll be then. Then there might not be so much to celebrate. But who knows. Maybe today's workshop will help lead to something to celebrate.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps, if you take the healing mentioned in the lwb, it is healing your interviewing skills, so that you can shine more in your next interview :D It is quite funny that they offer you an interview skills course. Though, of course, you can also apply for internal jobs...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: