Monday 30 July 2012

Sample Reading: Celtic Tarot

What am I not focusing on in my life now
 that I really should be paying more attention to?

Celtic Tarot, Davis 1990
Two aspects of the self need to be released from their captivity, two aspects of hidden or long-suppressed desire. The figures in both the flanking cards orient themselves toward the middle card, Judgement. The Page of Cups points his arms and holds his harp toward Judgement, while the Knight of Wands charges his horse toward it. Both figures are yearning to rise up. Rebirth is what both of these aspects of self really long for. 

How long has it been since I felt a true childlike joy?  How long since I felt complete wonder, or surrendered myself to a fit of giggles? 

And when was the last time I got caught up in the moment and gave something absolutely all of my energy right down to the last drop? For the sheer excitement of it. For the glory of it. Or just because it feels so good to take ACTION. 

I don't know. 

I do know the cards aren't telling me to worry about this.They aren't putting pressure on me to add 'childish wonder' and 'knight-in-shining armour fervor' to my list of things to do. That would just crush the very spirits that the cards are suggesting are longing to break out. 

I just need to tune in my radar to opportunities to unleash these aspects of self, not hold them back. Be playful, be exuberant. When these sides of myself are allowed a bit of freedom, I will feel a lot better. 


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful reading, Carla! Hope your vacation may provide a chance for some fun and excitement ;) Though I often feel tired and stressed with Big Boy, I do also catch his giggles on a fairly frequent basis, so I've got that Page of Cups covered :D Good to appreciate the positives for once!
    Cxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: