Wednesday 24 August 2011

Running from Lightning

I have been feeling tired lately, and I asked this morning:

Why have I been so tired lately and what should I do about it?

I drew 3 cards for the why: 2 of Earth, Explorer of Water, and Lightning. Then 2 cards for what to do: 9 of Water and Elder of Fire. And outcome: The Star.

The 2 of Earth shows a man juggling two screaming babies over his shoulders while trying to do his shopping. The Explorer of Water shows a surfer, who is zooming toward the 2 of Earth and AWAY from the Lightning card, which is the equivalent of the Tower, and shows a tree being struck by lightning while 3 human silhouettes fall from the sky. It's hard to find balance when you are running from the fear of disaster. My emotional flight from the uncertainty of my job situation (which is the only Tower event I can see in my life right now) has lead to distinct imbalance in my daily life.

What should I do about it? I drew 9 of Water and Elder of Fire. The 9 of Water shows a woman standing in the mouth of a cave. Sunlight is streaming into the cave, and she is facing this with arms outstretched. A stream is runing into the cave and runs along beside where she is standing. Water also seems to be running down the walls of the cave and trickling over rocks. It's a wet cave, pierced with shafts of light. Okay, so I am in a sort of cave of emotion, I suppose I am meant to find the light. The advice of the companion book is to 'open up to the Divine...dive deep into your heart to find what will bring you true and lasting happiness' (Journey through the Gaian Tarot, p. 198). That's not asking much! Then sitting next to this card is the Elder of Fire. Wow, I love this card. It was one of my favourites, and nearly the top card for me when I did my sorting exercise on the first day I had the deck. This woman looks very serious, but at the same time benevolent. She is intense. She has at her disposal every means of affecting change and transformation. She is most certainly not a victim. This combination of cards is a deep message for me. I must take my time with them.

The outcome card is The Star...It is significant because in the major arcana, The Star card comes directly after The Tower (or in the Gaian Tarot, 'Lightning').

You have the opportunity to relax into a time of calm, healing and grace. Your heart is wide open and you deeply feel your connection to Source...It is a most blessed time of hope peace and well-being. ~ Journey through the Gaian Tarot, Colbert p. 100
That is most certainly the result I would like to see! I must investigate the work of 9 of Water + Elder of Fire. Your thoughts on this are welcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here: