Saturday 7 April 2012

What's coming for me in the next quarter?

It seems like a good time of year to do a reading taking stock of things. So I drew cards for a Celtic Cross this morning, just asking in general what the state of things are in my life and what general trends I can expect in the next three months or so, from Ostara onwards. (I like to celebrate Ostara at the nearest full moon after the Vernal Equinox.) 

Celtic Tarot Davis, Aquarian 1990

Overall, the spread contains a lot of majors, which surprises me as I thought the next few months would be a quieter time in 'grand scheme' of my life, given all I've been through in the last year with my job being in jeopardy. But we have here four major cards! And four court cards suggest both some important interactions with other people and also some character development within myself. 

The draw shows my recent past very clearly indeed. The thing that has been foremost in my mind has been my source of income (Ace of Coins), and after a long, drawn-out process, I have finally received the news that I will be keeping my job (Judgement). Yes, I have been deemed suitable by the powers that be, to continue doing the job I've done for the last seven years. 

It's true as well, that my highest aspiration in recent times (and still today) is to strike a balance in all areas of my life, to find some Temperance in my habits and my thoughts and my approach to my life. I have the tools to achieve this available to me in the Knight of Coins aspect of my character, as I do like to take things slowly, think things over, make informed decisions, develop some good reasons for following through on something. So while it may take me longer to accomplish a goal, it generally stays accomplished. That's true. 




The linear timeline of the draw shows me that I am moving away from the recent troubles and strife of the 5 of Swords, which was fraught with troubling thoughts and out-and-out hostility, with definite winner/loser outcomes. I had feelings of defeat, for certain. But The Star as my near future card suggests the feeling of getting back on track. I see it as the beginning of the road back to a more even keel within myself and in my daily life and habits. I like the way the imagery of the Star echoes that of Temperance. Finding balance in the watery depths of my emotional life. 

My inner feelings about the next few months?-- I am ready to get on with it! And the Queen of Wands suggests that I will find myself in the next quarter, striving more steadily and purposefully toward my goals, with a new renewed vigour that has been lost in recent months. I may even seek out more recognition for my accomplishments as a way of supporting myself, because the Queen of Wands does love to be the centre of attention. 

I can safely say that I will receive support from my environment and those around me in this forward momentum, as the Knight of Wands is about as gung-ho as they get. So those around me will be happy to see me get off my backside and take some action, and will likely be glad to offer praise and support, if they see me making true progress. It's true the Queen of Wands and the Knight of Wands seem to be travelling opposite directions on the card, but they no doubt will shout words of encouragement at each other as they pass by. And since they're both likely on curvy paths that go two steps forward one back, they will cross paths many times!

The Moon, with its murky depths, brings forward my fears about my state of mind. It's true I've been so forgetful lately, and feeling like I'm in a fog or a haze. It may be a time of emotional and mental ups and downs--like, sharp ups and downs. Like, rollercoaster type stuff. Mood swings and self-doubt and all sorts of hormonal crap. It seems significant that there's a maiden and a crone on this card, because I believe that perimenopause is upon me--and those just snuffed out candles bring up all sorts of feelings about that! 

But the brightest spark in this draw is that the outcome is me coming more fully into my true self. The Queen of Swords is my significator, and there she is, in the outcome position, crowning the entire spread. It's me, in charge of my future. Me, facing toward what's to come, leaning into it, holding my sword, eyes open and ready. What could be better than that? 

1 comment:

  1. sounds like good prospects/outcome indeed :]

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: