Monday 21 January 2013

Joy to the fishes on the deep green sea


The card for today from Book of Thoth Tarot is 2 of Cups. In this card we see a greenish sea against a blue sky. Floating on the sea is a lotus, out of which grows another lotus. Two fish wrap around the stem of the lotus, pouring water from their mouths into the blossom floating on the sea. Out of the top lotus flows water or energy, which bounces off the heads of the fish (I read them referred to as 'heraldic dolphins' somewhere), and into two cups that float on the sea in the foreground. They fill up and run over. On either side of the uppermost lotus are two symbols: Venus on the left and Cancer on the right. Venus is in Cancer. As I know nothing of astrology, I have no idea what significance that has on the meaning of the card. I know Venus has to do with love/emotion. Cancer, I thought, had to do with being stingy (I think of a crab's claws as grasping, like a miser). But there may be some other significance to it. I don't know anything about tarot decanates. I know that the 2 of Cups is about emotional connections, and possibly alliances, and that this card is a very good one to draw. So I'm glad to see today will be a day of love and cooperation and emotional happiness. 
May I seek out opportunities today to give and to receive loving support. 

3 comments:

  1. I think Cancer, as a watery crab, is also quite emotional and home-loving. If anything, maybe overemotional, hence the need for a shell - too soft on the inside...

    Hope you had a beautiful and loving day - we try to make a point of having a quick hug 8 times a day (okay, we don't count them, and we don't always manage, but it's a plan...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hug a lot but I've never counted them. Maybe I should carry one of those clicker thingies in my pocket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, can you imagine people on the street looking as not only do you give into a PDA, but you make funny clicking noises while you're at it :D

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: