Sunday 11 November 2012

Silicon Dawn Tetractys Spread --

This is the tetractys spread; there are variations, but this is my version. The bottom row, which I arrange Earth, Water, Fire and Air (because I like them in that order), represents the physical/ material, the emotions/relationships, drive/passion, and logic/intellect/spirituality. Row 2 is based on Hindu concepts of God; Destroyer is aspects of your life that should be left behind, Sustainer is those aspects that keep balance and should not change, Creator is those aspects that may or should be made, new stuff. Can also be read as Past, Present, Future. Row 3 is Yin, the weaker, passive aspect of you, and Yang, your dominant, strong aspect. And the top card is the Premise, the card that ties it all together. I lay the cards out and read them from the bottom up, left to right.


Silicon Dawn, LoScarabeo 2011

                         --------------------------------Premise (10) ---------------------------------------

                             ----------------------Yin (8)------------Yang (9)---------------------------

                              --------------Destroyer (5)----Sustainer (6)-------Creator (7)--------------

                             ---------Earth (1)---------Water (2)----------Fire (3)---------Air (4)--------


Row 1: Princess of Swords - Ace of Cups - Queen of Wands - High Priestess
'She's so much more than she knows she is,' says the companion book of the Princess of Swords. 'Poor crazy butterfly, she's the only thing that holds herself back from flying.' In the Thoth system, upon which this deck's court cards are based, the Princess of Swords is the earthy element of the Air suit. As I am Aquarius, an air sign, it seems appropriate that the card falling in the Earth position would be the earthiest court in the Air suit. The Princess of Swords is the most grounded of the Air courts, but she still overthinks. I see the card in this position as me overthinking and overtalking about aspects of my material physical life (like my pension plan, my diet and exercise), and not doing much. A more than fair assessment. All talk and no do. Are you reading this, Prince Lenormand! I need to go read that quotation of yours I pinned to my cork board the other day.

In the water position, we have a water card -- Ace of Cups. I've drawn Ace of Cups a lot lately. The companion book suggests that water is passive--but gets what it wants by easily flowing around all obstacles. This suggests to me that in my relationships, and in my emotional life, I should go with the flow more. Try listening, instead of all that swords talking and 'problem solving'.

In the fire position, I've drawn a fire card--at least in this crazy deck, where pentacles are fire, just because the deck creator wants them to be. Well, why not, eh. So what I've got here is the Queen of Pentacles, that is actually read as if it were the Queen of Wands. You may know how I feel about the Queen of Wands. BUT...the cards suggest I take on some of her worthier characteristics in the fire aspect of my life. Developing something akin to her more than healthy self-esteem would be a good place to start. Expecting the best would be another.

Finally, my air aspect reads as High Priestess. So, for spirituality, I have drawn one of the most spiritual of the Majors. Right now is a time of some pretty serious exploration for me, new aspects of my spiritual life are being explored through study and meditation. The High Priestess suggests the meditation is the most important component of that.

Row 2: 9 of Swords - 3 of Pentacles - 6 of Cups
What needs to be destroyed, sustained and created in my life? I need to destroy the overthinking and worrying, sustain a (3 of Wands in this deck) bright vision of the future (which I think is best facilitated through focusing on the good things I enjoy right here and right now), and I need to create opportunities to experience some childlike wonder and joy. Beyond the childlike wonder and joy I get from a chocolate chip cookie. 

Row 3: Fortune - 2 of Cups
My yin or weaker aspect is my ability to deal with the vicissitudes of life. I tend to be a 'sturm und drang' type of person, not skilled in falling back on 'this too shall pass'. On the other hand, my yang or strength is in being open to forming genuine relationships, and in wishing true peace, harmony and ease upon all beings. One quickly sees, though, how this mixture can create a codependent person. Awareness of the weaker side  serves as a reminder to look for opportunities to shore it up, to create a more balanced me. I'm certainly better balanced in these areas than I was 15 years ago, when I was trapped in a completely codependent relationship. I never even learned the word until after that was all over and I started reading the pivotal work of Melody Beattie. God bless her cotton socks. 

Top card: Fortitude 
Drawing this card made me breathe deep and puff my chest out. 'I'm every woman, it's all in me!' I wanted to sing. :) This is the Strength card. The multi-armed female figure is holding the whole structure up, she's petting the lion and keeping her happy, while also striking a 'fabulous dahling' Shirley Bassey pose. And she's one in a line of many strong women doing the same thing. Yes, girl.

So even though there is work to be done, the Premise is, well, promising. :D

3 comments:

  1. Oh, yeah, sing it sista! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. this isn't a deck I would necessarily of seen you using, but love how you read this spread :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won this in a raffle at the UK Tarot Conference in London. I would never have bought it for myself, but for some reason, I grabbed it off the table when it was my turn to go up and collect a prize. It's an odd deck.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: