Friday 23 November 2012

The saddest cow in the history of cows

Book of Shadows, LoS 2012 
Wouldn't you know I would draw this card on the last day of our week with Book of Shadows Vol 1 by Barbara Moore. It's got to be my least favourite card and 'almost' a deal breaker for me.

The Earth suit of this deck is meant to embody the magic and wonders of the earthly realm, and the 9 of Earth is supposed to represent land animals. I cannot for the life of me figure out why 1) the deck creator chose domesticated animals to represent all land animals, 2) only cows and sheep stand in for domesticated animals, 3) the whole card is dominated by one huge cow, 4) this  cow has such a weird expression on her face; and 5) what the heck those gnomes are doing. But then to be honest, I don't even want to figure it out. I am so put off by this card that I don't even care what it means.

 But for the sake of continuity, let's have a go. Okay, 9 of Earth is the 9 of Pentacles. The 9 of Pentacles is a card that represents security on the physical, material level. The LWB says, 'The wisest thing to do is nothing but savour the moment and all its sensual pleasures.' Right, let me get this straight. A cow with a completely gormless expression on its face, standing in an empty field chewing its cud, watched at close range by a gaggle of crouching gnomes, is supposed to make me think of 'the moment and all its sensual pleasures.' Sorry. So not working for me. If I turned this card over, my first thought would be, 'Oy, wake up! Stop standing there in a stupor like some stupid cow!'

However, the savouring of sensual pleasures I am happy to indulge in. It's Friday, and tomorrow is my actual Saturday off! (I only get two a month). So bring on the choccies and the movies, time to settle in with the Hubby for some quality cuddles.

Have a great weekend, everyone. :D

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit, it doesn't make me think of enjoying the moment, either. More like: "Life is a long, monotonous burden; you eat, you shit, you get slaughtered."

    Still, I like the sound of your weekend. Hope you have a lovely time :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: