Monday 12 November 2012

Silicon Faeries 1


I've decided to draw one card from Silicon Dawn by Egypt Urnash (2011) and one card from Faeries' Oracle by Brian Froud (2000) Monday-Friday this week. Originally I was going to alternate them. I sat and drew a card for Mon-Fri in the Faeries' Oracle, had a study of them, then drew Mon-Fri in the Silicon Dawn and looked them over. My intention was to select which card would be used for each day. Mon - Wed - Fri Faeries, Tue - Thu Silicon, I wondered? But then I noticed that the cards worked together really, really well for each day, so I'm just going to show you all of them.

Monday 12th Nov - 5 of Wands + Ffaff the Ffooter
When worries about the material start to oppress, ground yourself and get back in the moment!



Remember the Wands suit is earth in Silicon Dawn, so this card has the usual meaning of the 5 of Pentacles--material loss and hardship. In this card we see a couple labouring to farm a crop right under an active volcano. As if that weren't tough enough, something from outside the frame is holding what looks like a giant cigarette ash directly over the head of one of the would-be farmers. I've heard of having 'hot coals heaped upon your head', but this is ridiculous.

Ffaff the Ffooter is a faery who comes along to check the state of our feet. If he finds we have not been walking worthily upon Mother Earth, he makes holes in our socks. LOL But he forgets to put our feet back on the ground, and so drawing Ffaff the Ffooter is meant to remind us to ground ourselves.

Thus the combination of the two cards says to me, 'When you feel oppressed, worried, or even envious of the material or physical things, feel your feet on the ground and get in this moment. Say to yourself, I'm here right now and right now in this moment all my needs are met. Everything is fine right here, right now.'

ETA: This draw manifested already at 6.58 AM. Hubby and I found ourselves talking about our mutual employer, its dealing with staff and pensions, and the future of the branch of it where I work. I realized after some 10 minutes that I was getting myself worked up in a state of worry, and remembered this reading. I'm glad I did, and can see that I will probably need to keep remembering it all day. Particularly at work, where such talk abounds in these tough economic times. 

3 comments:

  1. Who would have thought that the Silicon Dawn and the Faeries would go so well together! Odd combination of the year :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, those two cards really did work great with one another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would never have thought those two would work together :) Can't wait to see the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: