Monday 10 December 2012

A Sun Reading

From Rachel Pollack's Tarot Wisdom, a Sun reading:

What is clear in my life?
What is cloudy?
What helps me see clearly?

Page of Wands, 6 of Wands, 6 of Cups -- Wicca Moon Tarot
It's clear I need more creativity, enthusiasm, confidence and courage in my life. (This reading about the Sun in my life at the moment is filled with Wands cards, the fire suit. In Wicca Moon Tarot, it is also the suit of spring, which is interesting, because the Temperance card from Wheel of the Year that I pulled today shows a transition from winter to spring.) But lately the clouds have been covering over any feelings of success or triumph, any feelings of acclaim or recognition for achievements. I've had no feelings of pride or high opinion of myself and I certainly haven't felt like 'strutting my stuff'. What could help me feel better about myself? The 6 of Cups is often associated with nostalgia for the past, so it could be a suggestion to recreate the past...or it may be a warning not to try to recreate the past. Interestingly, the website Learn Tarot, which I highly recommend, adds 'experiencing good will, sharing what you have, feeling blessed, having a noble impulse, doing a kind turn for another' to the 6 of Cups meaning, so there is the idea that I can see more clearly if I stop peering into the figurative mirror at myself so intently and take a look around me at others. This is always advice I need to hear, and more importantly, to take.


What confuses me?
How can I simplify my life (situation)?

Ace of Wands, 4 of Wands -- Wicca Moon Tarot
As always, I'm confused about where to start, and where all this energy is meant to come from. What makes 'Day 1' Day 1? And how come I never seem to get things to move into 'Day 2'?  The 4 of Wands suggests a 'fake it till you make it' method. If you don't feel like celebrating, celebrate anyway. If you don't feel like taking part, breaking out, patting yourself on the back, feeling jubilant, or reflecting on your own accomplishments, do it anyway. Say it until you believe it. Use the broken record technique on yourself. And if you can't manage to start out by saying positive things, then at least refrain from saying negative things. Here are some things I won't say today:

I'm old.
I'm fat.
I'm out of shape.
The weather is miserable.
I don't have any clothes that fit.
I can't resist.
Nobody loves me.
Management don't appreciate us, they don't care about us, we are nothing to them.

That's a good start and might dispel some clouds. And because the wands suit is the suit of action, here are some things I won't do today:

I won't sit on my butt instead of working out.
I won't sneak chocolates.
I won't stop at the market on the way home and buy junk food.

3 comments:

  1. You're neither Fat or old! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hurrah to no negative self-talk. self-compassion is a good thing indeed :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, so what about the things you will say? Seems like the negative list was pretty easy to come up with (sadly often the case). I found with positive affirmations I had to pick ones that were believable, while still being positive. For instance, not "I'm slim and gorgeous", but "I'm strong, sexy and fit"...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: