Wednesday 26 December 2012

Boxing Day Bump

Servants of the Light Tarot, Aquarian 1991

Bump! Back down to earth we go on Boxing Day. The other day I heard on telly that from a kid's point of view it's the worst day of the year: 364 days until Christmas. Ha ha! When I drew this card today, it reminded me of bumping back down to reality. Bump!

The Servants of the Light Tarot (Aquarian, 1991) draw for today is Two of Spheres, or 2 of Pentacles. The usual RWS image shows a man juggling two giant coins or pentacles. In this image we see an arm holding a set of scales with two of this deck's glowing spheres balanced on each side of the scale. The cup on the left has the symbol for Jupiter , the lower cup on the right has the symbol for Saturn. Saturn is Time, and the laws of the natural world. Jupiter is our particular path through life, the way we pass Time's tests. The companion book says, 'Jupiter stands for Joy, Life and Wealth; Saturn stands for Death, Age and Want. Which will it be?'

I don't know if it's that simple, but I do know my weigh-in this morning was not good! The card suggests a little more balance is due today, but I have a feeling there'll be lots more nibbling of leftovers and Christmas pudding, so balance is going to have to wait.

Happy Boxing Day!

1 comment:

Leave a comment here: