Thursday 27 December 2012

Jitterbug on a rainbow

Servants of the Light, Aquarian 1991
It's nice to draw this colorful, cheery Sun card from the Servants of the Light Tarot (Aquarian, 1991) on a grey, rainy day like today.

The card is dominated by the sun, which is nice to see, as a few decks don't really feature the sun in their Sun cards (I'm think particularly of Wicca Moon). Here we see the motif of the two young figures, this time a female and a male, clasping hands and dancing on a rainbow disk which is perched, phonograph record-like, on the top of a mountain. They do look like they're doing some sort of jitterbug, and it's funny to imagine big band music in connection with this card.On the side of the mountain, near the sea, there is a town, and above the town, the rainbow disk, then on this disk, our dancing fools, then above it all, the sun, bursting through the clouds in rings and rays.

The Sun card always stands for good things, and today I am embarking on a good thing, which I think will help me very much. The card certainly bodes well for it.

May the Sun shine on me in my endeavors today and for the coming year. 

Mantra: Om ravaye namaha, om suryaya namaha, om savitra namaha (Salutations to the Light of Compelling Radiance, to the Dispeller of Darkness or Ignorance, to the Light of Enlightenment)

Flower essence: Gentian (brings the ability to see that all things are working to the right end, thereby taking away dejection)

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your new thing, whatever it may be :) I already had a couple of good "Sun" moments today, so I will definitely do a little happy dance ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that I needed a bit of sunshine, I have had a dark Christmas :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you shared your sunshine with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, congratulations on your Sun moments, Chloe!

    Tim, sorry to hear you had a dark Christmas, hope New Year is better!

    And, hi Shelly! I'm glad you visited my blog. Please come again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: